Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will not start - help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 04:48 PM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Will not start - help!

I just drove into the driveway (at my parents) and parked, and now my 2003 Discovery will not start. Everything appears to be fine otherwise, when the key is turned there is no solenoid click at all or any kind of evidence other than the intermittant power cut-off that is normal when starting. Can anyone help? I *NEED* to get this working in the next very short period of time.

Old 10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
ajh
Winching
Default RE: Will not start - help!

Locking with the key then unlocking reset the alarm. Looks like some kind of ignition disable got triggered. Anyone know how to disable this, I plan on adding a viper starter/alarm combo.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:09 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem with those aftermarket alarms is most of the time the technician leaves the factory alarm in also meaning when you have this problem, you NEED the old (factory) alarm pad to deactivate it, this is (in my guess, and having an aftermarket alarm put on also) hat has happened. If you do not have the factory alarm pad to deactivate the factory alarm... good luck.

If you had the aftermarket alarm put in at bestbuy, circuitcity etc... they most likely did not remove the old alarm and it is the one that has activated the ignition kill and prevented your vehicle from starting. So if you have the old alarm pad, try deactivating it. If you don't.... your kinda up a creek...

Old 10-23-2006, 12:54 PM
ajh
Winching

"I plan on" is a key phrase in the prior post If I could remove all the factory anti-theft devices I would happily. It seems every electronic gadget they add to vehicles the more unreliable they become, especially if they're British made.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: ajh

Locking with the key then unlocking reset the alarm. Looks like some kind of ignition disable got triggered. Anyone know how to disable this, I plan on adding a viper starter/alarm combo.
Don't get too crazy around the factory alarm system, it is probably one of the best factory systems installed. Have you tried to reset it using the key, slowly locking and unlocking the door lock 3 times, SLOWLY, that will reset the alrm if that is the problem. What about your inerita switch in the engine compartment, have you tried to reset it, it is located on the fire wall passanger side of the truck.
Mike