Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wires, plugs, and O2 sensors...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wires, plugs, and O2 sensors...

Another clarification question because I read posts here for hours and still don't quite "get it"...

Replacing the wires, plugs, and O2 sensors on my Disco II can modestly improve fuel economy...is that right?

If so, what specifically do you guys recommend? Are there other benefits to doing this?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wires, plugs, and O2 sensors...

Hey man,

Replacing the wires and plugs is supposed to help gas because you are going to get a better burn which in turn means you get more power on less gas. The best plugs to use are Bosch +4s or Fusions. As for the wires, the 8mm Magnecors seem to be the brand of choice. (your engine will idle smoother and get you more power as well)

Oxygen sensors begin to bail out at around 60,000 miles. Even if you dont get a check engine light, they are getting old and tired and dont work as well. You have to replace all four at once if you want to get the max benefit. They just make the truck run at its best.

Not sure how much MPG you stand to gain, but I do know that the members who are getting the best mileage all have these components. Hope that helps.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Wires, plugs, and O2 sensors...

Andrew, how many miles on your truck?
Have you ever done a engine flush as well as the induction cleaning, these will help pull up your mileage by about 1.5 MPG.