Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Witts end!! Wont unock..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love a pic of the BCM if anyone has one? IM gonna try the wire tap tomorrow...

Old 05-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Before you but that new battery, make sure to carefully check your Ground battery cable. Try bending it back and forth ever couple inches to see if it feels (crunchy). The cable can be corroded from the inside and you'd never notice the tell-tell chalk of corrosion. That said, if your battery is more than 5 years old, probably time for a new one anyway.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Mudding

so i wanted to see if activating the superlock then deactivating it would allow me to open my doors other than the driver.. I heard my driver door super lock, then I used my key to unlock the door but no go.. none of the other doors will unlock... from this I am assuming that it is NOT in super lock mode... the problem I had with my rear door, could this actuator be causing this issue, or is it something else..??? Thanks!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

if 1 of the actuators is seized up then I do believe this will happen.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man... this is weird, I had all of this same stuff happen on mine about a month ago. I mean to the T. The locks were doing the same, the key was doing the same, even the ticking when trying to start. I figured this thing was super locked and there was nothing I could do. I found some sequence you could do with your fob by hitting the button twice real quick and then starting it with in 2 seconds and that almost worked once and then it super locked again. Even my steering wheel locked up like nothing I have ever seen.

Man you talk about freaking out... How am I going to get to work in the morning??

A friend of mine came over in his Disco, put his battery in mine and everything went away. New battery and all was good.

Like Spike said... batteries do weird things when it's "their time".

Wish everyone's case could be as simple as mine.

Good luck,
Jeff

Old 05-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Rover Chris
if 1 of the actuators is seized up then I do believe this will happen.
if I detach it, the back door actuator, would they open? if that is the problem?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JHDisco2
A friend of mine came over in his Disco, put his battery in mine and everything went away. New battery and all was good.

Like Spike said... batteries do weird things when it's "their time".
Yup. My money's on the battery or a weakening alternator. Weird stuff happens when these items get old and tired.

Dave

Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by geotrash
Yup. My money's on the battery or a weakening alternator. Weird stuff happens when these items get old and tired.

Dave
the battery isnt that old though.. 8-9 months.. maybe the alternator..??

Old 05-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Mudding

well I hooked up my other trucks battery and no change.. I unhooked the rear doors actuator wires and no change... I did however see something called "security lock" in the manual that say it only allows the driver door to open.. and that it has to be undone by a dealer! anyone heard of THIS!!

Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Overlanding

You will need to check the dash or interior fuse box. The dash fuse box has a module called an IDM in it and when this part of the idm fails it can leave the truck without the ability to unlock the other 5 doors. The super lock is engaged just because the lock got hit 2 times without the unlock working. It is tricky to try and tell you how to test the IDM because it takes a few jumper leads and a battery charger. I can tell you that from what I have heard here your best bet is replacement of the dash fuse box. It is the most likely cause.

Quick Reply: Witts end!! Wont unock..