Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won a free Disco I, but it had issues that I need help with.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most Bang for your $$

Originally Posted by TreyKnight
It does feel a bit like driving a boat right now. I put in a bid on some shocks, but I cant see spending $500 or $700 on a 2 inch lift for a vehicle that I havent spent any money on at all. I found some spacers for $150 and the body lift on rovertym for $270 or so. These may be something I look at, but it will most likely remain stock height for a while so I can fix odds and ends. Oh yeah, cruise control is busted as well. I'm also about 70 % sure the shafts need rebuilding I just need to check em out. Power steering seems to be failing also.
By time you Pay labor to help with a Body Lift you're pretty close to the price of the OME springs and shocks at some place like AtlanticBritish.com. Coil Spacers are bad News even just moderate trail riding.
Danny Lees Right, your 96 is going to look like you lifted it 5inches with the 2inch springs after you replace your saggy stock 96 pieces. The handling of mine was improved so much over my worn out stock pieces I'd still do it again today. I can't even believe how solid my DII is after swapping out all the worn out stock parts(the OME HD lift kit is stiff just a heads up).
Like you said the DI was free so why would you want the hassle of spacers that pop out and a body lift that's possibly opening up a entire new can of worms when you're pretty close $$ wise to doing it properly with the OME Shock and Spring lift. Best of Luck,Jmon

Old 04-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Drifting

Ive done plenty of body lifts on my own, so labor isn't a problem. If I could get into a set for $500 or so I would probably be in on that. Ill keep watching ebay. My original plan was to just sell this thing, but I actually like it a lot so I'm going to keep it as a second vehicle. Ive got a roof rack now that I'm putting on in the next few days and my bed liner kit should be here early next week. I need a spare tire cover or if anyone has a full size rim that I can swap out?

Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TreyKnight
Ive done plenty of body lifts on my own, so labor isn't a problem. If I could get into a set for $500 or so I would probably be in on that. Ill keep watching ebay. My original plan was to just sell this thing, but I actually like it a lot so I'm going to keep it as a second vehicle. Ive got a roof rack now that I'm putting on in the next few days and my bed liner kit should be here early next week. I need a spare tire cover or if anyone has a full size rim that I can swap out?

Where are you located? I have a spare and a set of aluminum wheels with new 245/75/16 mud terrains mounted on them im getting ready to sell. I just got my 4" lift in with new tires an wheels dont need my old ones any more

Old 04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Drifting

For cruise control look for the vacuum line coming through the firewall on the drivers side. Right around the master cylinder you should see a "T" with the line coming from the firewall. I'm willing to bet all three lines coming to that "T" are split. Fix that and I bet your cruise control will start working. Bout a 5 minute fix.

The Goose

Old 04-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Long Haul
Where are you located? I have a spare and a set of aluminum wheels with new 245/75/16 mud terrains mounted on them im getting ready to sell. I just got my 4" lift in with new tires an wheels dont need my old ones any more

How far is your location from Pittsburgh area?

I might want those wheels and tires if he does not.

Another thing I did waas move my original rear spring to the front of my DI. I am surprised no one commented on that, I was told it is standard practice among DI guys, sso far it is doing great.

My OME rear springs with all 4 new ProComp ES 9000's were less than $300 total with new heavy duty mounting rings.

There is also a tip about using a small hydraulic jack to jack apart old set-up when doing the teardown.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Drifting

Im in Georgia. I just want one rim to mount on the rear.

So where did you buy that set from for $300? So what you're saying is you moved the rear springs to front bought new OME for rear and procomp shocks all around?

Got the codes run today. They are P0113 IAT sensor high voltage and P0138 O2 sensor high voltage. It has an aftermarket intake. Im thinking that throws of the IAT and I will have to check, but I think I hear an exhaust leak which will throw off the O2 sensor. Right?

Thanx for the tip on the cruise I will check on it tonight.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny im about 4 hours give or take from pittsburg. If your interested ill get some pics tomorow.