Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wont start fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008 | 08:58 PM
|
Mudding
Default wont start fixed!

Thanks to everyone for help with the puzzle on my 96 DI.Disco Mike Okdiscoguy and Landzuin particular.

A lesson in humble..and patience. I had the disco with spark, fuel psi, new plugsand new cam/crank sensors with no real help from codes (autozone scanner).

Well, I removed all the new plugs and cleaned (not too bad but little dirty probably from the marvel mystery oil used during dry cranking, and engine flushes). All cylinder pressures were 140-150 all the way around.

Started throwing parts at this problem way too early.

I disconnected the Multifunction relay and cleaned out the excess dialetric grease prevously applied well before the truck quit running and the darn thing started right up.

I think either a pin was not making full contact, or the grease finally allowed some of the magic smoke pass to the computer. Anyway my take on all this is the Multifunction relay (under hood next to engine computer) powers the engine computer or atleast some of the functions. I could be wrong, but the thing runs great now, and all I did was swear at it the usual amount and played with this thing and ...

Again guys, thanks for your help and let me know if this sounds like a reasonable assesment.

Old 02-27-2008 | 03:47 PM
TReK
Default RE: wont start fixed!

I'm glad to here that everything is working.

You had said that you had a way that you had to start it
by turning the key half way or something like that,,
has it changed back to normal? (normal for a Land Rover.)
If it has I bet that was it all along.

Don't feel to bad we all have our days and I have had
more than my share.

Old 02-29-2008 | 05:45 PM
|
Mudding
Default RE: wont start fixed!

You know, it actually did that start ritual one time since but that is all.. I have only put about 200 miles on it since I got it back on the road, but will let you know what crops up.

1187 is the only repeat code, since the scan, and had one of the plug wires off while running on accident which may have caused this.