Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW...I found my headliner leaking problem...check this out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Plenty of threaded/b-a-r-b-e-d nylon hose adapters in plumbing section of big hardware store, if yours is broken off.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished that project 2 months ago....My leak was so bad I would turn out of the driveway and water would spill out of the seat belt strap by my shoulder or if parked downward from where the rearveiw mirror area.....Anyway just as a fyi if you park on a hill alot (my driveway is on a slight upward slope) and there is a hard long rain,it will seep thru the sunroof(thats why theres drains) the back of the sunroof were the shade roles up and snaps into the frame, water was puddling up and leaking were the **** of the shade snap into the frame...Design flaw by rover....Both drains right and left side are in front, instead of one front one back for drainage upward or downward...And also I broke off one of the nipples also when I was removing the hoses and blowing them out (was this far mine as well make sure they were cleaned out) easy way I fixed mine.Took a staw put vaseline on it slid it into the nipple and then into the base where it broke from alinning it...apply JB plastic weld..as it starts to set,hold the nipple,twist the straw and remove slowly,let it finish drying.....strong than the orginal plastic...

I drove around for a week trying to find this leak....What a royal pain it the a**.....

But we love our rovers....

Old 02-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Owning a Rover will make an inventor out of you. Good job.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the same problem used super glue to reattach, it will probably break again but at least my new headliner looks good for now....

Old 02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, had the same problem with 3 out of 4 nipples broken off and inside the hose. Plastic weld, buttered it up pretty good and stronger than factory - also easier to get a good connection than a replacement since the break is unlikely straight.