Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes I am a girl but HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 12:10 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes I am a girl but HELP

Hi. Second land rover 2000 disc just shoot me already. Door key wldnt budge. Replaced key fob battery. I can get in my car but alarm activates. Removed door panel. Latch is fine. Inner unlock system works. Unhooked battery. Considering cutting the shiz out of wires. I know if I cut my alarm that the computer will still make the engine disable my starter. Yes I did all of this work myself but I really am wishing I lived by a cliff to jump off or push this baby off. Tell me please why my key fob will lock but not unlock. Tell me please why only one door would apparently "superlock" because I don't think that is the case...I think the key not moving left or right has to do with replacing that actual lock. I wd40'd the crap out of that thing and around it. I am unwilling to tow it. I will gladly cut whatever wires. I read something about cutting the common wire which I will if I can find it. I am willing to do away with anything to drive this. Thank you kindly! I am going crazy.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Don't cut wires. That won't help anything. Based on your description of your problem, lock actuator is your problem.

The following users liked this post:
Lawgirl (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

I agree, don't start chopping wires.

I havnt had your particular problem. But have been working on my doors recently. And I can say that they arnt so difficult to fiddle with. The lock actuator does sound suspicious. It is moving one way, but not the other.

Hang fire for a bit, to get a couple of better informed opinions. Order up a new part. Swap it out within an hour, taking some photos to help out the next person with the same issue, and save from pushing your car off a cliff.

Oh, and welcome!

Lawgirl (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Right now you have a very cheap fix, the lock actuator. If you start cutting wires your looking a an extremely expensive fix.

Lawgirl (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Drifting

Wondering why my key fob won't work? If it did that would solve it.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Drifting

I am in Bend Oregon by the way.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Baja
Received 719 Likes on 624 Posts

Does the red light illuminate when you press on the unlock button on the FOB? Maybe your micro switch came loose on the circuit board.

Lawgirl (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
Does the red light illuminate when you press on the unlock button on the FOB? Maybe your micro switch came loose on the circuit board.
Same happened to me, I ordered a new switch from DigiKey and soldered it on.

Lawgirl (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Drifting

Can I swap my passenger actuator and put it in my driver's door? May be a dumb question. At least so it will get me driving....until I can order the other part. Which I have no idea where to do that. I am sure it is lr specific and expensive.
I must be crazy for my second purchase of this car. My first caught on fire on I5. It is truly a love hate with more love. I appreciate the comments so far. Thank you!

Old 05-20-2015, 10:48 AM
Drifting

No light on either fob except for when the lock is pushed.
I won't even mention my leaking coolant and having to constantly fill that sucker. I know where the leak is and hopefully slowed it. My last rover had the leak that came in the passenger side. Then the whole thing burnt out.
I think the most frustrating thing ever (total rant) are these jerks that buy Rover's because they look cool, don't take care of them then sell them without disclosing anything. Yes buyer smarts is good but both seemed like they went haywire after a few weeks. Maybe it is just my own luck

Quick Reply: Yes I am a girl but HELP