Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yes I am a girl but HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:53 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah I know about head gaskets blowing. That is what fried my last rover and it was the coolant leak.
My gauge did go past the middle, which I caught fast and that is exactly what took my car from a slow leak to a faster leak coming from the gasket. I prob did the worst thing by adding some of the sealant stuff to run through to slow it down some. It has been dripping on to my engine making the smelly smokey deal.
I have to replace my brakes, replace my windshield that I watched crack in half this winter and new wipers, oil change....all I need is a fat account and I'm ready to roll!
Oh and new tags in a few weeks. Ugh.
On a positive note...I did buy this from a Rover enthusiast that took great care of it and was getting it ready for his 16 yr old daughter to drive...safe for her so I felt good about it. From owning the last one I am definitely paranoid about opening the sun roofs and windows too much. My lighter is starting to malfunction which is where I plug my charger in.....sometimes I feel like my heated seats will set my *** on fire but I live in a place by the mountains with snow and lakes and terrain that this car is so ideal for me. That and I just can't do another car. My tastes are audi and Rovers. I know, I know. I have had to learn to figure this all out in my own because my dad and brother curse me for buying the European expensive to fix bad reputation land rover. Legit they won't help but I am happy to say....I know more than them in regards to my overly possessed expensive beast. Something cool I was watching 101 dalmations with my girl and all of the police cars in the scene were rovers. I'm sure that is known but it was cool!!!!

Old 05-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

cool, I might just have to watch 101D to check out the rovers!

Old 05-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts

Click here ----> http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
Adding coolant to keep on top of your leak is one thing. But if you overheat this car, like the last, it's possibly game over again. Just not worth the risk.

Best cash I've ever spent.

Last edited by cappedup; 05-20-2015 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:47 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawgirl
Yes I used my regular key to get in since I have never had a working key fob until now. Yes I still have the actuator on order. No I'm never locking my damn car again
I must have misread something. I thought you said the key wouldn't turn in the left door lock. That would point to a faulty lock (or the rod/latch mechanism), not a faulty actuator.

The following users liked this post:
Lawgirl (05-21-2015)
Old 05-21-2015, 06:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

I went ahead and bought a first car and kept the truck as a second vehicle because these trucks suck worse than any other vehicle on the road. Is there actually a worse mass produced vehicle for maintenance costs. If so, I can't think of any. Good luck with this, I hope you get it drivable again.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Drifting

I agree it is not the actuator preventing my key from moving t

Old 05-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Drifting

Ugh ...from moving to the left or right. I don't care at this point. I am taking a land rover break for a few days ��

Old 05-21-2015, 06:30 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Its pretty simple to remove the handle. Take off the door panel. Unhook vertical post that hooks from Actuator to handle. Once that is free, use torx head driver on door jamb at handle position. Now move handle towards front of car to release rear section, pull out gently and maneuver front U shaped hook out.

there should be a pin going from that handle that fits into the actuator. It looks like a medieval mace. Now see if it turns with the key.

Good luck!

The following users liked this post:
Lawgirl (05-21-2015)