Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another flashing M&S light issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,666 Posts

I had a wild M & S flashing fix the other day. Guy bought an 04 D2 and it was in Limp Home Mode, but he was able to drive it to me. I hooked up my iCarsoft LRII and the Transmission ECU section kept saying unable to connect to the ECU. I then got out the Nanocom and it did the same thing. Everything seemed fine, then he said the radio was a complete mess and nothing worked (came with the OEM stereo just laying in the back). I was curious as to why the OEM stereo powered up, but produced zero sound. I used a flashlight under the drivers seat and I found the AMP unplugged.... Removed the lower seat trim, and plugged it back in and bingo the stereo was good to go. While I was in there I went to inspect the Transmission ECU and while it had the screw in that keeps the plug tight I found the opposite side loose. Well come to find out it was completely unplugged!!!!!! Plugged it back in, cleared the fault for no communication to the Transmission ECU, and that was all it was! M & S were gone and it now shifts perfectly.

The guy he bought it from told him it needed a new transmission according to a local shop.... That's why he sold it pretty darn cheap because he thought the transmission was dead. Turns out it wasn't dead it was just not communicating to it's ECU lol.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I had this happen and it was a loose connection. There is a 3 bolt ground bar really close to the battery. All I had to do was make sure the connections were tight and all was well.