Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

(2018) Disco Sport - Bumpers, Racks, Tires, and Other Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 12:39 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool (2018) Disco Sport - Bumpers, Racks, Tires, and Other Accessories

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to reach out to see if people could share their knowledge on compatible bumpers, racks, lifts, tires, infotainment units, etc. for the Disco Sport.
I recently bought a 2018 Discovery Sport and plan to use it for light/medium off road adventures. We also bought my wife a 2018 Disco 5. We have 2 young kids and 2 Grandparents we expect will join us on a lot of adventures. So, the 3rd row seat and large space in the Disco 5 made sense.
I'm finding a ton online for the Disco 5, but a lot of the things I find I cannot tell if it is compatible for the Disco Sport.
I have a feeling I will be more "aggressive" in the design and upgrades on my Disco Sport, so I am trying to find bumpers that protect the bottom and front end (which also can mount a winch and lights), as well as adding a lift so I can add larger tires (nothing crazy, probably mounting on 18's), and a rack that can hold a decent amount of stuff and mount a few lights.
Interested to see if others have modified their Disco Sport's and what size products they were able to fix to their vehicles. I'm mainly confused on the tires and what will actually fit in the wells without rubbing, but wouldn't be as concerned if I could find a good lift.

Does a lift affect performance/reliability (do they break), or your daily drive?
Will tires hurt daily drive performance or add wear and tear on the engine? I'd assume it will hurt gas mileage, but ok.
Anything to watch out for and not get conned into?
How about INFOTAINMENT? I'd really like to modernize my screen and be able to access apps and UPDATED navigation. Maybe use Waze or Google Maps right on the HUD. But I've also heard people say you dont want to mess with LR's electronics. Thoughts?

I appreciate the help and feedback. I'm new into this, but really excited and want to make sure I dont make "rookie" mistakes or spend unnecessary money.