Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

My better half's poop box DD disco gets a 3 inch Terra lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 09:16 AM
Mudding
Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Default My better half's poop box DD disco 2 gets a 3 inch Terra lift

Mods, I'm an idiot and posted this is in the disco 2 section, can someone please move this to the disco 2 area?

Before pic of the little ladies ride. 285 75 15 thunder track grip m/t tires. 700 shipped on eBay. I usually supply my own tires (I'm a dealer) but covid has my supplier's selection down to 25% of what they had 2 years ago.

The 3 inch "plus" Terra kit came from the great guys at lucky8. I'm east coast, shipping was 3 business days. Can't thank them enough for getting it quickly. The little lady demanded new tires and had to have bigger tires than my 1st gen 4 runner. Now she's got tires tucked tighter than a new audi.

This is her daily beater. Follow along for a diy on the ground lift kit at home garage. Im using all basic around the house tools other than the cheater train jack. I'd do this lift at the shop but I wanted to consume adult beverages and not be bothered by co workers and customers while i do it.

Last edited by PickleRick; 10-09-2021 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Mudding

first snag was this dumb sway bar end link. This rig has never seen salted roads or coastal roads so rust isn't an issue. Still presoak all nuts and bolts with penetraint.

This allen in the end link is begging so snap an allen socket or strip out. At the shop I have nice name brand tools. At home I have cheap harbor freight spares. In comes a tool God made himself. If you don't like my God you can give credit to whatever entity you prefer. The fact remains that a good set of vice grips, even 20 plus yr old ones that have spent way too much time in a boat tool box are the most versatile tool ever made.

I tightly grip the back of the end link and she came right off with no fuss.

Forgive me for the typos. This is my first Samsung phone and the keyboard/auto correct hate me.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:26 AM
Mudding

new end link for rear vs the oem. Also, don't use the vice grip removal method if you're going to reinstall said end link, that boot is shot now. The new ones have both Allen head and place for backing wrench.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:28 AM
Mudding

I fudged a little on the special tools. The admiral is hung over and not helping. Im using a manual/pneumatic oil pump to bleed the brakes as I install the new SS extended brake hoses.

Old 10-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Mudding
Old 10-09-2021, 12:34 PM
Mudding

back lifted vs front

Old 10-09-2021, 03:18 PM
Mudding

The front install was uneventful. Needed to use one spring compressor to slide the sping over its lower perch.

the bottle jack between the frame and axle is a must to get the spring in.

Gravity bleeding the brakes much easier on the front axle than the rear.

Old 10-09-2021, 05:43 PM
Mudding

lift installed. Now I get to do a tape measure alignment and center the wheel so she can drive it to an alignment shop.

no longer looks like a wheel tucked import. Started at 8am and done with install at 630 with plenty of breaks and screwing off.

Will order a woods front drive shaft now that I can take flange angles and measurements.

No other mods planned in the near future but she will have a diesel conversion before long. I'll likely post up a thread on that as well. Still undecided on the engine. I have plenty of BHW 2.0 tdi motors like the ones that are going unto a couple of my 1st gen 4 runners. Stock motor on tune is 175 hp 300 ft lbs torque with an insane clutch eating torque rise.

But the cummins drop in r2.8 kit is maybe 5k more once I include sending the ecu/harness off for stand alone fab work and programming as well as multiple adapters to make the tdi an LS bolt pattern then buying the zf LS adapter.