Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Stud mount roller rockers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you add the stud plate, it takes up .500 of space. For proper geometry, there is little clearance under the rocker arm to use a standard stud. You could raise the rocker arm up, but then the sweep on the valve stem is incorrect. On top of that the valve cover will not fit. Always a challenge to get things right.

I'll post some pictures as soon as the new rocker arms arrive. The complete package will be available after the new year.

MAK

Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Mudding

Once you get it worked out I will take a complete set.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Three Wheeling

I will Post pictures very soon.

Merry Christmas.

MAK

Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

I will also be interested when you have things worked out! Bear

Old 01-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm very excited about this. Using roller rockers with metered lubrication lifters should take care of the possibility that the pervasive "Rover tick" is coming from the valve train.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi Everyone,

With the holidays over and everything getting back to normal, I will be posting pictures of the new rocker system. This system will replace the OEM shaft system with an adjustable stud mount. It has been engineered as a direct bolt on replacement. Oil will be metered from the lifter and feed the top end without the possibility of caking up, as on the stock LR setup.

Once the setup has finished several more test procedures, I will provide a cost for a turnkey package. The package will include:

Lifters (metered oil passage)
5/16ths hollow push rods- ball/ball ends 8.025 length
Stud plate with 7/16th studs installed
Custom rocker arms specifically for the Buick 215 derivative used on LR
Other mounting hardware as needed.

This will fit the following Land Rover engines: 3.5, 3.9, 4.2, 4.0 and the 4.6.

Thank You,

MAK

Old 01-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Three Wheeling

These are the new style rocker arms that do not require a guide plate. They have the proper offset, and have a manufacturer lifetime guarantee against defects. The complete kit is $1100.00 USD.

The kit includes:

Mount Plate and screws
7/16ths studs installed
Push rods 5/16ths diameter
Hydraulic lifters
16 High Quality rocker arms 1.6 ratio
16 poly locks

Please call me any time between 8am and 5.00Pm Central time at:
815-762-6328.

Thank You,

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Stud mount roller rockers-pict0601.jpg   Stud mount roller rockers-pict0602.jpg   Stud mount roller rockers-pict0603.jpg   Stud mount roller rockers-pict0604.jpg   Stud mount roller rockers-pict0605.jpg  

Old 02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Harland Sharp custom Rockers

Stud mount roller rockers-pict0600.jpgAttached is a picture of the complete set of Rocker arms available for the Land Rover from Harland Sharp. They have the proper offset needed for the valve train geometry. I have this installed and running on my 1999 Discovery 2. It fits within the stock valve covers very well. The engine runs extremely nice. It was well worth the effort to modify the valve train to the stud mount system. This is the final post on this as there is nothing more that needs to be done. Did I say smooooth and quiet!!

Thank You,

Mark

1999 Discovery 2 4.0 liter

LA sleeves
4.6 camshaft
Custom rocker arms
Mild porting on heads and exhaust manifolds
Custom ECU tune

Attached Thumbnails Stud mount roller rockers-pict0608.jpg   Stud mount roller rockers-pict0609.jpg   Stud mount roller rockers-pict0610.jpg   Stud mount roller rockers-pict0611.jpg  

Last edited by racerxnet; 02-24-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:31 AM
5th Gear

Nice piece of kit..

Can i ask couple of question. I live in Finland and this is my first post on this forum.
I have got shaft mounted roller rockers on my 5.2litre engine. Measured approx 1.58 ratio. I need/want to use 1.65-1.7ratio, i can get those on T&D, but aint cheap.

I read sometimeago some buick forum that those stud roller rockers stud´s need to fit some small angle to get good geometry etc? What do you think? I´m also dreaming this type setup, it will give us more potential to tune engines..

My current setup.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Three Wheeling

I read sometimeago some buick forum that those stud roller rockers stud´s need to fit some small angle to get good geometry etc? What do you think? I´m also dreaming this type setup, it will give us more potential to tune engines..
I can manufacture the mount for what ever ratio you desire within reason. The system I now have is 1.6. The small addition you desire should not be a problem. I would need to know the push rod length for your application. The stud mount plate follows the same center-line as the OEM setup. The rocker arms with the proper offset would be made for your application. There is no guide plate needed with this system. I hope this helps your needs.

[QUOTE][/I´m also dreaming this type setup, it will give us more potential to tune engines.QUOTE]

This is not a dream, and is currently running on my 1999 4.0 discovery 2. I have beat the living daylights out of it during the shake down tests with hundreds of 6000 rpm runs. Please pass this on to others if you like. It is a very nice setup/ upgrade.

PS. You could mix and match different ratios for the intake and exhaust.

Mark

Last edited by racerxnet; 03-10-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Stud mount roller rockers