Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Stud mount roller rockers

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:59 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is you´r rocker geometry 100% correct if those studs are straight up and same center-line like OEM?? I understand if those studs are installed small angle, you have got more room to play with that geometry? If they are straight up, you cannot adjust that mutch zero/base circle lift geometry..
And i think also valve steam lenght/installation height has got own role to play that geometry.

BritishV8 Forum: roller rockers?

Sorry i cannot explain as good as you what i mean, because i´m Finnish. But i try my best..

Old 03-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the geometry is correct with the stud straight up. I have provided additional clearance under the rocker arm for the different push-rod lengths, should that be needed. Yes, valve stem height is applicable to the geometry as well. If you are going to start deviating from the stock valve stem length substantially, then you need to account for this in the design. My system is a direct bolt in application for the stock set up. There is no need to angle the stud in this application, and you will deviate from the proper wipe area with a angled stud. This is where proper push-rod length comes into play.

I am not sure why you would move to wipe area forward or back per the angled stud. Makes no sense when this can be achieved during the machining process of the mounting plate and correct rod length. If the base circle of the cam is smaller I suggest you go back to the standard diameter or consider this in the mount plate design. Going to a 1.7 ratio only moves the push-rod cup closer to the fulcrum point. It will not change the wipe with the correct length push-rod. Again, there is room with my system to do this. With a high revving motor you might as well use a stud girdle.

MAK

Last edited by racerxnet; 03-10-2013 at 09:49 PM.