Engine Swaps This is the place to discuss any and all motor swaps for your Land Rover.

Discovery 2 LS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 01:11 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quick update.
Have about 100miles on mine now think I worked out most of the bugs. Huge improvement in power no longer worried about merging on to the highway...
Transmission seems good, the relearn curve was steep, still stalling sometimes going into rev not sure this can be fixed. May try rising the idle speed some.
Everything with the Kit is working well. most of the bugs I had were due to new low quality engine parts(thanks Summit) and some cooling system issues as I changed out the rover radiator.
Here is another picture of the complete on the road LS. The exhaust system I built is very quite may need to change some things.
Fun project that took me way longer then I thought is was but enjoying now finally.
Thanks for the help.

The following 3 users liked this post by James2450:
04disco2va (04-19-2024), geotrash (04-19-2024), losinov (05-13-2024)
Old 05-02-2024, 01:46 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Torque Converter Nose Adapter

Anyone know how to remove the nose adapter from my old torque converter? It's stuck on and I haven't been able to remove it. Also, does the corrosion on the adapter mean anything significant?

Any help would be appreciated.
*Update: I used a bearing puller and it came right off. This one worked like a charm if someone else runs into this issue:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by danyboyGA; 05-03-2024 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:45 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all.
I'm getting ready to do a ls 6.0 swap and have tried contacting the ace guys but nothing. I'm trying to get info on the wiring between the discovery stuff and the GM stuff

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-13-2024, 05:23 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

ACE is gone.
You're best to swap the trans at this point and figure it all out.
​​​​​At least this way you can have a 6.2 with a 6l80e

The following users liked this post:
yetnaman37 (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 06:12 PM
2nd Gear

ya im going all gm drive-train. Im using the discovery oil and temp sensors for the gauges in the dash, and ill have other gauges to. Just curious if anyone has got the cruise control to work using the discovery switch's.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:00 PM
1st Gear
Default ECB module wiring

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
How will the trans and rears hold up?
Finally got to the ACE LS conversion and things going well until hit ECB module with multiple colored wires for connection. Anyone have a wiring diagram or ideas on installing ?

Old 05-20-2024, 01:21 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wlpattison
Finally got to the ACE LS conversion and things going well until hit ECB module with multiple colored wires for connection. Anyone have a wiring diagram or ideas on installing ?
ECB Box Wiring

Rover VSS = Red

GM VSS pos. = Yellow

GM VSS neg. = Blue

GM TPS = Green

Rover TPS = Black

Old 07-09-2024, 07:12 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Can Any1 share some advice on how to straighten out my engine? Back a couple years ago when I first dropped the engine in, I had all motor & trans mounts loose, but nothing was budging. I tried pretty hard but eventually settled on having it a bit crooked.
​​​​​​Im getting pretty fed up with inaccurate readings from the Rover sensor in the upper rad hose since where it should really be is just too close to the firewall. It's been like this for 2 years or so now, driveline is fine as far as I can tell... Idk what I have to do to get the straightened up at this point.

Old 07-09-2024, 07:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 604x4BC
Can Any1 share some advice on how to straighten out my engine? Back a couple years ago when I first dropped the engine in, I had all motor & trans mounts loose, but nothing was budging. I tried pretty hard but eventually settled on having it a bit crooked.
​​​​​​Im getting pretty fed up with inaccurate readings from the Rover sensor in the upper rad hose since where it should really be is just too close to the firewall. It's been like this for 2 years or so now, driveline is fine as far as I can tell... Idk what I have to do to get the straightened up at this point.

I think it’s a motor mount issue if you are truly unable to pull it into position with everything loose. I had to cut, notch, and re-drill one of my motor mounts to even get the bolts to go through the holes. I would support the motor, loosen all the bolts on the transmission/transfer case mounts, maybe even loosen up the exhaust, remove the bolts holding the motor mounts to the frame. Pull the engine to where you want it, tighten everything else down but still leave the motor mount bolts out. I would imagine that you will have some misalignment between the motor mount holes and the frame holes. At this point you can crawl under the rover and mark where the holes “should” be in the motor mounts. Cut/drill/weld in this location and finally re-install the bolts. You will probably have to remove the mounts to do this.

my apologies if you have already done this but this worked on mine…….its a very long thread

Old 07-12-2024, 01:11 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Anyone see the results ($18,750) of the recent BaT auction for the LS swapped disco that uses the ACE kit? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...scovery-ii-65/
The engine bay looks so clean! It's making me want to pull my engine block so I can reconfigure it to use the LS power steegin pump and GM alternator. I would also take the time to modify the engine mounts as my engine currently sits sideways. These are a few things that the ACE kit should have called for that right off the bat! I would've gladly purchased the necessary adapters to us all GM accessories. Really like how tidy the GM ECU and what I assume is the conversion box look at the passenger side firewall. Lastly, it looks like the owner found a really nice way to trim back a section of the transmission bellhousing to give the front drive shaft more clearance.

Does anyone have more info on what parts are needed to make the GM alternator and power steering pump fit?

Quick Reply: Discovery 2 LS Conversion