Engine Swaps This is the place to discuss any and all motor swaps for your Land Rover.

Discovery 2 LS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Mudding
Received 221 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mbrown3039
I assume that's for the non-smog version..? m
We've changed up the design so that the kits are now going to be the same. The GM ECM and harness that you choose and purchase will be the difference.

The following users liked this post:
No Doubt (02-09-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 09:12 PM
Mudding
Old 02-07-2019, 09:06 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ACEngineer
Also follow our new instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/alternative.conversion/
followed. Getting excited that this is closer and closer to being a reality.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:15 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akrover90

followed. Getting excited that this is closer and closer to being a reality.
same here!

Old 02-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Incredible

This is a gamechanger. Glad to see you’re being very methodical and thorough with it. I was days away from pulling the trigger on some top hat liners (my block is already stripped down and waiting a bath) but I think I’m gonna wait and see if you get these kits on the market soon first. I’d buy in for sure.

Can’t find much info on the Gen3 fuel injectors... is the stock LR fuel pump rated high enough to feed the injectors properly? I also don’t think I saw any mention of the coil pack, did you use the stock LR coils?

.....one more question! What’s your plan for when you get these kits online? Do you plan to slowly ramp up production or do you think you’ll have a readily available supply soon after opening the floodgates? I don’t want to wait too long to get an engine back in my Rover so I may or may not just rebuild with top hats instead. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by PosterNutbag
This is a gamechanger. Glad to see you’re being very methodical and thorough with it. I was days away from pulling the trigger on some top hat liners (my block is already stripped down and waiting a bath) but I think I’m gonna wait and see if you get these kits on the market soon first. I’d buy in for sure.

Can’t find much info on the Gen3 fuel injectors... is the stock LR fuel pump rated high enough to feed the injectors properly? I also don’t think I saw any mention of the coil pack, did you use the stock LR coils?

.....one more question! What’s your plan for when you get these kits online? Do you plan to slowly ramp up production or do you think you’ll have a readily available supply soon after opening the floodgates? I don’t want to wait too long to get an engine back in my Rover so I may or may not just rebuild with top hats instead. Thanks!
Fuel pressure has not been a problem. We’ve done multiple full-throttle pulls monitoring the fuel pressure and it has not been an issue. We are using the stock LS coils. We’re trying to get ahead on production now. Our launch date obviously depends on the feedback of beta testers. We may do a second round of beta testing if necessary. Kits will be sold “For Offroad Use Only” for the time being. We’re currently putting all of our efforts in getting the first sets built, packaged, and sent, so more R&D is on hold for a bit.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Where are you sitting at MPG wise with these? With the added benefit of running regular gas I'm sure its a big improvement over the Rover 4.6.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
Where are you sitting at MPG wise with these? With the added benefit of running regular gas I'm sure its a big improvement over the Rover 4.6.
Running regular gas saves a lot of money per fill-up (difference is more than 50 cents here). Depending on load, I have seen as high as 18 all-highway miles (via Ultragauge, I'm not sure how accurate this is though). I haven't tested much on my overland rig with the roof rack and tent: I am hoping for 14-15. With the 4.0, I was averaging about 10 with all the drag and weight.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:37 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about power steering pump

Hey,

Would there be any possible mod to keep the steering pump from the Ls engine. The pump for the Disco 2 is weak compared to the readily available Ls steering pumps. Also I am wondering if you are taking it orders or have more info when your production will up and running.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:43 AM
Winching
Received 132 Likes on 78 Posts

Look around post 161 that’s where power steering is brought up

Quick Reply: Discovery 2 LS Conversion