Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Service Engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 78 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Service Engine light on

While driving down the road going about 75mph the service engine light came on and the car started to lose power. After a few minutes the light went off and the power came back. Recently this happened a second time, when I turned car off and back on it went away. While sitting there idling I feel as if one of the plugs if fowled but I won't know for sure until I pull them out.

I have a few problems though. I did some web surfing and managed to download the RAVE CDs. If you don't know what I'm talking about check here. http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.p...&Itemid=29

Anyway I couldn't manage to find the 6 sparkplugs. Under the hood I took off the pieces shown here. http://www.cellularamps.com/sparkplug1.jpg

When I pulled the piece out it looked like a long shaft but no plug in it. I'm guessing the spark plugs are actually further down. So let me ask.
Where are all the spark plugs on the engine and how do I get them out. I know this is asking a LOT but could anyone possibly take a picture of where the spark plugs are located and show them to me? I don't have a ton of cash now and don't want to have to take it to a dealership.

Thanks for any help! If you want please email me at chanceneel@gmail.com if needed.
Thanks!

Old 01-10-2008, 05:51 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Service Engine light on

you know the owners manual actually does tell you where the plugs are. or well mine does at least i dont know off the top of my head but i do remember it saying something about that. try there.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yes the spark plug is about four inched deaper then the coil in the picture.
with twin overhead cams the spark are deep in the head.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Don't worry about where the plugs are until you get the codes read and know what is acting up. Plugs won't come and go as you have described.