Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Touch Screen Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 03:15 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch Screen Issue

Hi

I have a 2013 Freelander 2 HSE LUX. The touchscreen has developed an odd fault - it’s not responding to touch.

The screen shows all the correct info/nav and the hard buttons under the screen (Audio/Nav/Phone etc...) however the screen has stopped responding to touch.

it started with the calibration going off - when touching the screen it would think im touching higher than I was. Then stopped responding to touch all together.

Has anyone seen this sort of fault before / any suggestions as to how to fix it?

cheers

james

Old 02-12-2020, 05:11 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Obrien.james
Hi

I have a 2013 Freelander 2 HSE LUX. The touchscreen has developed an odd fault - it’s not responding to touch.

The screen shows all the correct info/nav and the hard buttons under the screen (Audio/Nav/Phone etc...) however the screen has stopped responding to touch.

it started with the calibration going off - when touching the screen it would think im touching higher than I was. Then stopped responding to touch all together.

Has anyone seen this sort of fault before / any suggestions as to how to fix it?

cheers

james

Hi James,

The very same has happened to my Freelander 2 XS SD4 2013 . I have the added problem that the Sat Nav does not work. I am in the South East, the Sat Nav thinks it's in Brussels, this has been going on for a year, which up until this point was fine as I didn't use it. Since the past month the screen stopped responding to telephone, then when I took the car in for its service the garage said that the touch screen had a problem and looks like it would need to be replaced. Having gone away to it over, now I have the added problem that the Sat Nav is constantly giving me commands trying to get home from Brussels, where the car seems to be stuck and I can't turn the directions off as the screen does not work. Awful. Anyhow, the long and short, I have the same problem but have no idea how to address it unless the screen is replaced, priced up at £1,350 for the screen.

I would be interested to see if you receive any replies from someone who has had the problem and had it solved without going to replacing the screen.

Cheers,

Lola