Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Wahts the deal with Freelanders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:16 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I diagnosed so many bad engines it wasn't funny. after a while we just stopped servicing them cause no one could afford an engine. We put every single one out to pasture. Some went out on towtrucks most drove out with oil in the coolant and vice versa and of course they all were sold to used car dealers who recycled the same crap. After a while even used car guys stayed away from them. No one would touch those. You have a better chance with a saturn then a land rover freelander. Needless to say the cause of the problems were once company. British leyland. They made the engines. They were all installed in the rover cars and nothing was updated or reengineered. We had maybe three updated parts on the whole vehicle. We just kept putting the same broken crap in day after day.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And it is too bad, because they really were good little trucks...just cursed with a problematic engine that was obsolete before it even went on sale.

I liked mine, but sold it to right before the warranty was up. I was bummed, but knew I really had no other choice.

It was a good recipe for a soft-roader with a little bit of prowess, though - as evidenced in the LR2, which I understand is a much better implementation of the idea, due in no small part to the Volvo engine.