General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Superlocking" not invincible... :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Superlocking" not invincible... :(

My Range Rover was broken into late last night. The culprit shattered the front passenger window, and the rear hatch window. I felt overly safe about the car being secure because of Land Rover's superlocking feauture, but that doesn't mean anything if they burst through your window. They stole a Sony computer, MP3 player, and a freshly drycleaned suit. Definately not a good night for me, but it could've been worse...

Old 11-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: "Superlocking" not invincible... :(

Didn't your alarm wake you up? Did you actually have the super lock set, did you double click the remote when setting the alarm?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bavarian_range89

My Range Rover was broken into late last night. The culprit shattered the front passenger window, and the rear hatch window. I felt overly safe about the car being secure because of Land Rover's superlocking feauture, but that doesn't mean anything if they burst through your window. They stole a Sony computer, MP3 player, and a freshly drycleaned suit. Definately not a good night for me, but it could've been worse...

Superlocking disengaes the starter and prevents somone from stealing your car. It can't prevent someone from breaking into the car.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Drifting

Nothing but you standing next to your car with a gun can prevent a smash and grab. I like to leave a box of 12 guage shells on my dashboard... just to make a statement! : )

Im sorry for your loss.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Yes that's exactly right, I realize the functions of superlocking. The whole point of this post was just to say I felt overly secure because of the feature, and if anyone else felt this way, then don't forget that nothing can prevent someone from shattering your window, and taking whatever they please.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Three Wheeling

Yes, I'm sure the superlocking was set, because I made a point to do so because I knew I had left my bookbag in the rear cargo area. I'm pretty sure the alarm didn't go off, but when I unlocked the doors the lights seemed to flash for a few extra cycles after unlocking it.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Three Wheeling

THE SORRY *** FACTORY ALARM ONLY GOES OFF IF THE DOORS OPEN. THERE IS NO ACCOUSTIC ALARM SENSOR I DONT THINK. MY DISCO GOT BROKEN INTO AND I HAD THE SUPERLOCK ON. THEY CLIMBER IN MY CAR AFTER SMASHING MY PASSENGER WINDOW.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: DiscoOn22s

THE SORRY *** FACTORY ALARM ONLY GOES OFF IF THE DOORS OPEN. THERE IS NO ACCOUSTIC ALARM SENSOR I DONT THINK. MY DISCO GOT BROKEN INTO AND I HAD THE SUPERLOCK ON. THEY CLIMBER IN MY CAR AFTER SMASHING MY PASSENGER WINDOW.
So it is obvious you don't know squat about alarms and their features.
Federal and state laws have limited the db. level of an inside alarm to the point no one installs them any more.
Rover is one of only a couple companys dead bolts their doors when super lock is set, along with the ultra sonic and the disabled engine, you won't ever have your truck stolen. How cares about some broken glass, nothing is going to stop that.