General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 hse nav/cd

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 03:40 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 hse nav/cd

Hi all, long time viewer 1st time poster. Most every answer ive ever looked for regarding my Discos ive found on this forum. I thank you guys for that..

We recently stepped into an 06 HSE Sport. Garage kept, 1 owner, clean car fax and dealer records kept up until my purchase. Very clean truck. We absolutely love it with the exception of a few things.

1st problem is no owners manuel so please excuse any seemingly dumb questions.

2nd is that I cant seem to get the hidden key pad to come up on the screen no matter how long I hold my finger in the home screen area as ive seen many do on You Tube as I try to figure out my problems below. Just keeps saying Navigation not fitted. which leads me to look under the seat and it indeed has a nav player, but no disc.I assume.

3rd Try to put disk in player and it acts like there is one in already. Its unlocked ect and no disk comes out when you hit the eject.

4th The in dash cd changer weirdly enough acts exactly the same way. Screen says no disc in but it will not accept a disc at all. 2mm is about all it will go in like there are disks in.

Everything else works fine I think lol. Still trying to figure out if the parking sonar is faulty or not

Thanks for any input,

Last edited by NYTroutBum; 10-29-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:19 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

4th- you have to choose the CD location you want to load, 1-6.

thats all I got.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:39 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up having to do a hard restart to get the CD player to ask to load disc. It now works.
The rear view mirrors started tilting down when put into reverse as well. 2-3 key cycles and this stopped working and at the same time the check engine light comes on saying its banks are both running lean.
​​​​​​​i was hoping my 4th Rover wasn't going to be a love hate relationship but here we go again lol