General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 hse 5.0l smoking... Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 03:15 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 hse 5.0l smoking... Help

I have a 2010 Range Rover HSE. Was driving one day and it went into restricted performance. I am a car dealer so I used my roll back to go and pick the truck up. Once I got it home I carried to one of my local mechanics with serious diagnostic tools. He scanned it and said it needed an injector. Number 5 I believe. I have had an injector put in it by a mechanic that has done work on import vehicles for over 30 years. This did not resolve my problem.

The truck seems to be running good when in idle just blowing a lot of white smoke out of exhaust. Smoke has an extremely strong gas smell. Seems to be more coming from drivers side than passenger side. There is no check engine light or any codes pulling up. Once you begin to drive it the restricted performance light comes on and the truck is really weak on power.

The truck doesn't seem to be knocking or making any sort of noise. It also doesn't have any miss to it until going down the road. It will still rev to high RPM's but has no power.

What could I be looking at here? Possible injector stuck open? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!