General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Range Rover Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:38 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok...

I called AGAIN today and spoke with someone at Rover customer care who AGREES that the function should work as well as that the video is on the US website and not on the ROW site. She went on to say that she was going to open a case and would call me within 2 business days. This person was surprised that it didn't have this feature as the less expensive, non-flagship, vehicles in Rover's line up do have it. Probably won't go anywhere, but at least she agreed that it was not right and not as advertised.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This may not mean much, but on mine there are features that can be enabled/disabled in the BECM. For instance, in the HSE all of the windows are auto up and down. For the SE (mine) they are only auto up and down in the front. From what I understand it is just a computer setting that needs to be changed.

IF it is different somewhere else in the world (sometimes to meet government requirements) it can usually be enabled through a computer setting. Even though the LR4 and Sport are different vehicles, their on-board computers are usually very similar, if not the same. Have you scrolled through your vehicles security settings to see if you can set them to your specifications? I know on our 05 XJR you can tell it if you want dual stage door locks or not.

BTW, a lawyer...? ROFL! Do you have any idea how funny that is? "My door locks are not working like I want. I'm calling my lawyer, he'll help!" LOL!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Smile keyless entry updates 2011hse

Corporate called me today from the New York office to tell me that they are also opening up an inquiry into the issue. The women I spoke with found it odd as they have several groups internal and external to LR engaged to make sure the marketing materials are in sync with the actual products.

And to the ROFL comment about lawyers, please go read a history book on consumer protection specifically with regard to who corporations listen to vis-a-vis product problems; the general public or attorneys. While in some circles questioning corporate behavior is politically incorrect, here in So Cal we've not yet sold our sole to the company store and we will fight corporate lies with whatever skill sets available to us. That is all, at ease, smoke 'em if you've got 'em.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And to the ROFL comment about lawyers, please go read a history book on consumer protection specifically with regard to who corporations listen to vis-a-vis product problems; the general public or attorneys.
As a matter of fact, one of my college classes last semester was on consumer protection... The comment just put a big grin on my face is all

Old 06-12-2014, 09:09 AM
2nd Gear

I have a 2012 Autobiography and I noticed the "passive" keyless entry doesn’t work either. Perhaps because we have the USA model. Also I noticed the back windows don’t fully lower. Apparently they are supposed to lower and then stop. Then if you hit the button again they are supposed to lower all the way. Lastly the RR has the "global opening" when you hit the unlock button and hold it, it’ll lowers all the windows and opens the sunroof. But it doesn’t have a function to close them back up via the key (so I wouldn’t have to get back into the car and turn the ignition to the on position and raise the windows? If not I would be very disappointed I remember I used to own a 03 maxima and it would lower and higher it’s via the key in the door lock. I would expect a 126k msrp vehicle to do the same and then some.

But it anyone knows of a "hack" or some type of setting for any other these. Please let us know.

Last edited by 12RRA; 06-12-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Mudding
Default Window deal

Originally Posted by LRScott
This may not mean much, but on mine there are features that can be enabled/disabled in the BECM. For instance, in the HSE all of the windows are auto up and down. For the SE (mine) they are only auto up and down in the front. From what I understand it is just a computer setting that needs to be changed.

IF it is different somewhere else in the world (sometimes to meet government requirements) it can usually be enabled through a computer setting. Even though the LR4 and Sport are different vehicles, their on-board computers are usually very similar, if not the same. Have you scrolled through your vehicles security settings to see if you can set them to your specifications? I know on our 05 XJR you can tell it if you want dual stage door locks or not.

BTW, a lawyer...? ROFL! Do you have any idea how funny that is? "My door locks are not working like I want. I'm calling my lawyer, he'll help!" LOL!
I read this and so I have a 03 HSE7 and my windows in the back will only go up and down from me doing it in the front? Also in the back behind driver side that door seems to always have on child safety lock or maybe it’s broke? Idk but my son can never open the door. So you’re saying if I wanted too I could prob pay quite a bit at a dealership and get them to fix this? Or anything I can do myself?

Old 05-30-2020, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

Hello Shannon!
i have the 2011 RR Sport SC and my doors automatically unlock when my FOB is close! Not sure why they are giving you the run around!