General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Range Rover Electric Gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering about the EKA code too. I'm not sure if I have mine and I'm not really sure what it is used for. Something I'll have to research when I have all my other problems worked out.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The EKA code lets you reset the radio and engine in the case of immobialisation. In theory it is a theft deterrent. You may also need it if your battery dies. There are two different was of entering it (by turning the key and through the radio). I believe the windows need to be set so the system recognizes that the window works completely and then the auto-up and auto-down function can be used. Could be completely wrong on why but that's my guess.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Rock Crawling

I have the code for the radio so that is the EKA? Entering a code in my radio will really fix an engine immobilization?

Old 10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdet...alarm.html#eka

Here is the EKA code proceedure.

I had an interesting door lock experience this morning. My rover was parked outside overnight, and since my remote does not work, I use the manual door lock on the driver side. Well, this morning it was frozen stiff! Thankfully, for w/e reason, the remote decided it was going to work and unlocked the rover ! I was so happy lol!

Last edited by LRScott; 10-08-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No the radio wont reactivate the engine... it uses the EKA code to reactivate the radio and the key method reactivates the engine.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 AM
3rd Gear

I'm having the same problem with the doors locking and unlocking. I have a 1997 RR. Did you ever find the source to the problem. My remotes dont work so I use the key entry. Not sure if that maybe the problem. Its driving me crazy.

Originally Posted by nmaggie98
I need help! I have a 99 Range Rover 4.0 S (Lucas, not Bosch). I have approx 110K miles. I have had the RR for 6 months, and some strange things have just begun. First, the passenger door (then later the rear doors, in unison) would begin locking and unlocking it's self. Then, the rear hatch would not open at all. I had this repaired (diagnosed as the acutators for each door). 1 day later, the locking/unlocking has stopped, because the power lock on the passenger door does not LOCK, but will unlock, and the rear hatch is locked shut AGAIN!

Finally, 2 days ago, I went over a speedbump slowly, and got the SRS Failure light. On, then off, on then off. Today, no SRS light.

It is maddening.

This RR has a functioning Air Suspension, I have had a top end overhaul, and so the drivetrain is excellent, and the interior is spotless. Needless to say, I love it, and want it to work, but I need help! I cannot afford to go to a $85/hr mechanic to diagnose every issue.

Thanks for all your help!