General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension has complety quit working

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do a google search for "EAS Buddy Box", you will find a link to some interesting demonstrations of not only the box but of a whole mish mash of repairs, checks and other interesting information on YouTube video streams.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Chris.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do RR, they said it should be here around wed. or thurs,So Ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

-B

Old 07-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad you are getting the buddy box, I have an issue with mine as well and used the RSW solution and it keeps me going until my new bags show up. Sounds like you have a leak in the system, if you are handy with some tools then you can fix it yourself. If you just need bags then look on ebay for Arnott and get the bags there, they are much cheaper than most reatilers. Plus once you can reset the EAS Fault you can let the compressor run and fill the tank then watch it try to raise and see where the issue is. You may be able to hear the leak so listen very carefully. On mine I have found that if I help it raise up from access mode it will fill past the leak and then be just fine.

As far as tha MAX 35MPH, you can drive faster but it will be bumpy. I had my first issue about 600 miles away from my place and I drove it all the way home at about 65 the whole way.

Good Luck.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Drifting

thanks Rob, I really cant wait till it gets here, I am seriously pumped

-B

Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=handsome rob;129011]I am glad you are getting the buddy box, I have an issue with mine as well and used the RSW solution and it keeps me going until my new bags show up. Sounds like you have a leak in the system, if you are handy with some tools then you can fix it yourself. If you just need bags then look on ebay for Arnott and get the bags there, they are much cheaper than most reatilers. Plus once you can reset the EAS Fault you can let the compressor run and fill the tank then watch it try to raise and see where the issue is. You may be able to hear the leak so listen very carefully. On mine I have found that if I help it raise up from access mode it will fill past the leak and then be just fine.

As far as tha MAX 35MPH, you can drive faster but it will be bumpy. I had my first issue about 600 miles away from my place and I drove it all the way home at about 65 the whole way.

You are a braver man than I Gungadin, when I first had a fault with my EAS I had only a 30 or so mile trip to get to my shop. By the time I arrived I felt like i'd been riding a particularly violent Rodeo Bull for the past 45 minutes. My kidneys felt bruised, I swear that I rattled a couple of fillings loose and my head was pounding like a frenzied jack hammer. I guess on some smooth highway you might be okay but on the Chicago surface streets it was harsh enough to make the Rover literally hop around bends.
On that occasion the cause was a faulty ride height sensor but getting back to Billabongs post he mentioned that his vehicle went bad during cold weather. I more recently had this issue and it turned out to be a leaking O-Ring on the P/S front airbag. It was a simple matter of trimming the airline and fitting a new O-Ring but I was just experiencing a drop in height overnight at that corner and the BECM was adjusting the suspension to suit it. It would pump up in less than 15 seconds the following day which leads me to cautiously suspect that B's car has a leak somewhere in the system and probably has a weak compressor that cannot fill the system in the colder weather fast enough to maintain the air loss, hence the hard fault. Of course there are other possibilities such as a stuck or leaking exhaust valve, split bag, driver block etc but it will be interesting to discover the root cause and the fix.

Chris.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yeah the drive home was on smooth freeway. The closest dealer was 250 miles away and it was late in the evening and I could not find a computer store to try to make the cable for the RSW system. I learned a lot from that trip.

I suspect a leak for Billabong as well, if he looks close he may see that one corner is just a little lower than the rest. It is a fabulous system but can ruin your day on occasion.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Drifting

ok, well the buddybox came in today and I ran it, and IM pretty sure it took it out of hard fault mode, but it still didn't raise up, plus two of the driving mode lights are still on. So I have no idea whats going on. I took a picture of the lights, sorry for the fogginess, It was raining and i only had enough battery life for one picture. I am also attaching the buddybox report.

Thanks for the help guys

-B

edit: Ok I just watched one of the vids over RSW and i saw that i need to let it run for about 15 min to build the air compressor back up, will report how that went when its over.

Attached Thumbnails Air suspension has complety quit working-lights.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: txt
EASBUDDY.TXT (5.0 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by Billabong; 07-30-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Drifting

ok, she raised up, woohoo!, now to figure out what the problem is, im going to take some soapy water and spray around the valves and such and see if I can find a leak, does anyone know what those faults mean.

Thanks guys

-B

Old 07-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Drifting

no leaks that I could find

Old 07-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Rock Crawling

Stuck valves can be due to a dying compressor. How long did it take the vehicle to rise? The signal incorrect faults means that the height sensors aren't reading the correct height or the bags aren't inflating to the correct height. You have already checked the condition of the bags? Might also check the tubing connection to the bag to make sure they're seated properly.

Quick Reply: Air suspension has complety quit working