General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension has complety quit working

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my compressor has completely stopped running. Damnit! This is getting a little ridiculous.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Drifting

Well sorry its been so long since I've posted on this problem, been pretty hectic around here.I wanted to post what I'ved decided to do and get some feedback and help.

When the air suspension is leaking, you can hear the air gushing out of the rear drivers side. I still haven't been able to pinpoint the actual leak, but I know its there. So ive decide to replace the back bags.
Now on to my questions.

I have looked through the RAVE and the replacement doesnt seem that difficult. I went to Arnott site(ebay didnt have anything) and I see that they have the air springs and the bellow. Where exactly does the bellow go? I have looked through the rave but there is no info on it. They are only 91 bucks, so Im going to replace them as well as the springs, but im having trouble finding any information on them and was hopeing you guys could help me pinpoint them. Here are the two products im getting

Springs

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...22_gid174.html

Bellow

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...d22_gid94.html

Thanks so much for any help

-B

Old 10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

So, the big question is what year and model are you talking about?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Drifting

sorry about that, 2001 RangeRover HSE 4.6

Last edited by Billabong; 10-01-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bellow is a component of the spring. I would recommend the whole spring assembly because it is quicker and easier then the bellow replacement.

The whole process of replacing the springs isn't too bad. It's time consuming and definitely takes a good chunk of time (unless you have done it before). It can also be a pain if the tubing doesn't sit right as then you may end up taking apart and putting back together any number of times.

If you just hear a leak but the bags appear to be in good condition I would check the tubing first. If it isn't sitting properly it could allow air to escape. Lithium grease on the tubing really helps it sit better at the collet. Just a thought before you shell out cash for springs or bellows.

Best of luck

Old 10-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Arnott should have an auction on ebay for their stuff or even in their ebay store. I paid $250 I think for a rear set of the whole peice. It took me about 20 minutes to replace both bags in the rear by myslef. It was so easy I was almost amazed at how fast I got it done.

I would just buy them and replace them and be happy with the perfect ride. If you do not see them on ebay then call them and tell them you saw it and missed the auction when you needed them and if they can do the deal for you.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Here is the link to their ebay listing for the set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-L...Q5fAccessories

Good luck.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Drifting

Thanks so much for the help guys. So springs and Bellows then?

-B

Old 10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Rock Crawling

The spring assembly should come with the bellow... at least from Arnott it should. Just replace the entire spring assembly as it's easier then replacing the bellow portion of the spring that is already in place on your vehicle.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ldivine
The spring assembly should come with the bellow... at least from Arnott it should. Just replace the entire spring assembly as it's easier then replacing the bellow portion of the spring that is already in place on your vehicle.

Exactly.

Just buy the set off of ebay and you will be very happy with it, it will have everything that you need, even detailed instructions so it will be easy. Like I said, I did it in 20 minutes by myself.

Quick Reply: Air suspension has complety quit working