General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biltmore Estate Land Rover Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Biltmore Estate Land Rover Driving School

It really is fun! I especially enjoyed driving the H1 just because it is so massive and mean. You will also appreciate driving the H2 since you used to own one. You will be shocked by how capable either of these two cars are in just about any circumstance. The proving

It is an AMAZING experience and worth the high cost of entry! The resort is also very nice and a great getaway (especially a romantic getaway). There area lot of activities including a shooting academy, very nicespa, skiing, golf, pools and lots of restaurants just to name some. If you are looking for a good getaway, I would highly recommend this place.

As for the location, it is very close to Seven Springs (less than an hour) andis Southeast of town.

The service is also excellent at this resort.

I could go on and on but if you go, you won't be disappointed!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Overlanding

My wife and I had a great trip to the Biltmore. We bought an LR2 last December when her VW Beetle couldn't make it up the driveway of our new house (in the winter). I wanted her to learn what a four wheel drive could do without learning on our own vehicle. We had a great stay, although for an experienced off roader it may be a little tame. Greg, our instructor ( a driving instructor for the military with the Hummer - LR's instructor in Manchester, VT) had plenty to teach me, especially about the Land Rovers. Land Rover has reopened their program in Manchester, VT and they also have one in Quebec.
I missed out on the event sponsored by Rahal at the Nemacolin resort last year, but hope to make the next one. I'll take our '98 RR. I'm hoping to make the '98 a project vehicle in the future; possibly converting to propane and a bit more off road ready.
Don't forget that Nemacolin is only 15 minutes away from Ohiopyle (class 3 whitewater rafting and bike trail) and FallingWater (Frank Loyd Wright's landmark home employing cantelever reinforced concrete). Enjoy.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Rock Crawling

Hi Dregill, thanks for the info! You are right, there is a lot more to the Laurel Highlands than just Nemacolin.

By the way, how do you guys like the LR2 so far?

Old 01-08-2009, 04:41 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Luxury1, I live in Asheville about 10 min from the Biltmore Estate. Wedid the LRE and it was a blast. Its nothing really challenging and I knew most of the stuff they taught us but it was cool, and I still learned some new stuff. My favorite thingwas getting the LR3 REEEALLY sideways, I thought it would flip.

But as a matter of fact, im in talks with one of the managers there and I might be working there this summer! (College kid needs money.)How cool would that be!?!?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Rock Crawling

In my mind, that would probably be the coolest job in the world Camdico24! I think you should be able to make somegood tips also! I always tipped my instructornicely when I did these adventures. You will have to let us know if you get the job there.

You also make a good point about the sideways ability of these cars. I think that they can go to 30 degree's sideways which is rediculous!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well.... It turns out you have to be 21 to be hired there because of their insurance... The lady had a perfect job for me to do, the kids rover driving school (with mini rovers) but then she found out about the insurance.... Oh well, i'll have to wait a few years!

Old 01-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Rock Crawling

Darn, but it will be worth the wait and will give you something to look forward to!