General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cigar lighter

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cigar lighter

Has anyone had this problem???? My manual says that my cigar/ cigrette lighters are suppose to supply powered even when the vehicle is off, only my very rear lighter works when the key is off.
I called my dealer, he said bring it in, $140 just to look at... My lighters work when the car is running, so its not a fuse and the dealer say its suppose to work in the B position one turn to the right ...However it doesnt work there either works only when the car is turned on.... What the fun????

Old 07-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leesiler
Has anyone had this problem???? My manual says that my cigar/ cigrette lighters are suppose to supply powered even when the vehicle is off, only my very rear lighter works when the key is off.
I called my dealer, he said bring it in, $140 just to look at... My lighters work when the car is running, so its not a fuse and the dealer say its suppose to work in the B position one turn to the right ...However it doesnt work there either works only when the car is turned on.... What the fun????
My 95 operates the same way yours does, PITA when i'm using my GPS and need to stop for gas etc. IIRC correctly it runs through the same fuse as the radio and HVAC. You could always run a live feed via an appropriate fuse straight to the back of the plug.

Chris.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an '04 and my front cig lighter doesnt work with the ingnition off. I haven't tried the back yet.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, maybe that is what they meant about it supplying power, they just forgot to say only the rear j/k. Most cars I have been around do not supply power to the cigarette lighter when the vehicle is off to begin with. If it is supposed to, it might just be a small computer issue, after all it is a land rover. As long as it starts, I wouldn't worry lol.

P.S. I find it funny that they call it a cigar lighter! Makes it more classy I suppose.