General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comments on the worth of this truck?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comments on the worth of this truck?

Hey guys, as some of you know, I have long been on the marketplace for an LR3, and I am considering finally pulling the trigger this month. Because of my researching, and trying to find a suitable candidate, I came across this Range Rover. Although at the end of the day, if I pick this truck up or not, I am still going to be buying an LR3, so this post is in no way asking if I should buy this over the LR3, or if I should buy it or not at all. My main question, regards the price.

Looking on KBB, they no longer offer the option to choose mileage, and apparently the average mileage for these trucks falls right around 125k, and they base their prices off that. There is nowhere to select that the engine has been rebuilt either, both of these things a huge red flag as far as price is concerned for me. Where I am really going with this, is what would you guys consider a fair price for this truck?

Is $7500 really an honest price to be looking for? I in no way want to offend the guy by offering 3k lower, but I just can't imaging a truck with no service records, a rebuilt engine and 170k on the chassis worth $7500! As far as I know, there aren't any dealership service records either. Thanks for any input guys! Here is a link to the craigslist ad.

2004 04 Range Rover HSE

Old 09-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Rock Crawling

Alright then. Just got back from looking at it. Was a total POS, wouldn't have paid anything for it.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Mudding

I have stopped looking at vehicles with few interior pics. The knew have looked at didn't post them for a reason.