General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumb question about front lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:50 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumb question about front lights

Hey, I've got a 1995 RR 4.0 SE. I know this is a really novice question, but how easy would it be to replace the front right turn (directional) light....I'm talking about the orange shell itself.

Someone hit my car in a parking lot while I was in a store, and just drove off [:@]. Anyways the front right part of the bumper looks like it got sanded so I'm going to repaint it myself, and use some putty to fill in cracks and paint over it. The directional light got busted, its just gone, the light bulb doesnt work anymore but thats it, all the wires and electrical still work fine, and thats about all the damage so I got lucky I suppose. I live in a part of Texas where it is pretty far to the nearest place that will touch my car, and it doesnt seem too hard to replace. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice, or is it pretty self explanatory, just pop in the shell and screw etc.
Thanks

Old 09-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: dumb question about front lights

I have the turn signal light assembly in stock and available for $89.00 --- plus shipping.

It takes 5 minutes to change it out.

Regards,
Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com

Old 10-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dumb question about front lights

To replace:
- reach inside the opening(below the turn signal) and push the friction fit hose back and out of your way
- reach inside the hole and locate the wiring harness and lamp socket for the turn signal
- turn 1/4 turn and pull wiring harness out of the opening
- lastly, change the bulb and reverse the process.

you should be done in just a few minutes.

As with the bumper, if it is made of thermoset plastic, you will need adhesion promoter before repainting it. (to be sure the paint will not fall off)