General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problems...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:42 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problems...

I have a 1995 RR SE and have some really strange problems...

(1) First problem is that the message center is telling me that fuses 12 through 15 are bad... but i checked all of them and not one is bad.

(2) Second problem, the rear passenger doors are going into "super-lock" mode, only the 2 front doors are unlockable. If I lock and then unlock the driver door as soon as i turn off the ignition... all of the rear doors unlock and then can be opened. But if i lock the RR after this procedure.... only the 2 front doors lock and the rear 2 stay unlocked. The only way to lock the rear doors is to push down the buttons on the doors then close the door... but after i do this the 2 rear doors go back into "super-lock"... what is going on here???

(3) The right side headlight/signal light/fog light and right rear signal light/running light do not work at all...is there a fuse or there a bigger problem

(4) anytime i use the headlights/parking lights the floor lights come on and stay on

(5) all of the overhead lights barely work... ie very dim

if anyone has any idea of what is going on here please let me know... thanks for any help )

Old 12-18-2005, 06:03 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: electrical problems...

Do you have access to a wiring diagram? If so, do any of those systems share a common feed, or perhaps a common ground path (maybe a weak body to frame ground strap or some such? If it all started at the same time, then that would imply that where ever those circuits share a common routing or connection would be the most logical place to start looking.