General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood stuck, battery dead!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood stuck, battery dead!

Well I'm really in a pickle this time. My hood won't open and my battery is dead. My truck is stuck at my office. The drivers side will not release all the way. The passenger side releases like normal and the drivers side releases a little bit but not all the way. I have tried everything. I had somebody push pull and prod the hood while I worked the lever. I also put some vice grips on the cable and pulled it directly. I am able to latch the hood on both sides and when I pull the release the drivers side does pop up a little bit but doesn't break free. Any ideas? To make matters worse the battery is dead so my truck is stranded. As a last resort I am thinking about pulling the positive wire off the starter and charging it through that but it doesn't sound like fun so I am holding off. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Use battery jumper cables. Go in from the bottom. Negative to metal frame of truck. Positive to large wire and nut on the starter (which runs directly to the battery). Be sure doors and hood are closed when you do this, or the alarm could wake up and decide to immobilize truck.