General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dead battery-Can't open hood-Stuck in Park

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 01:18 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead battery-Can't open hood-Stuck in Park

I hope someone out there can give me a hand.

I'm facing about the most absurd situation right now with my 1994 Range Rover Classic. I have been having problems with my battery lately. Its been going dead for no reason. I recently dropped off my RR at a dealership to get it checked out. They assured me it was nothing more than a bad battery. They replaced it and charged me a bunch of money.

Three weeks go by, no problem. But then one day I go to drive it and its dead again. I'm obviously pissed, but whatever. However, as I go to pop the hood to jump the battery, I see that the hood release lever has been broken off and is laying on the floor! Those bastards at the dealership broke it off and didn't tell me!

So now I have a dead battery and I can't pop the hood to get it charged. And...because the battery is dead, I can't disengage from park to get towed. My Rover is completely stuck!

There must be an alternate way to pop the hood. But I don't know how. I also think there must be some way to get out of Park, but I don't know how to do that either.

Someone please help me.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dead battery-Can't open hood-Stuck in Park

i am not sure about the RR hood but the battery issue sounds more like a alternator prob to me. I would get the dealership to deal with it all, there mess up. you can tow it on a flatbed truck though.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dead battery-Can't open hood-Stuck in Park

Three weeks go by, no problem. But then one day I go to drive it and its dead again. I'm obviously pissed, but whatever. However, as I go to pop the hood to jump the battery, I see that the hood release lever has been broken off and is laying on the floor! Those bastards at the dealership broke it off and didn't tell me!
For three plus weeks you didn't see the broken hood release handle on the floor while getting in and out of the vehicle ? So quick to blame the shop for problems with an 11 year old vehicle. Now you need instant free help ?

WTF...