General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lock out, No Start & Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:46 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock out, No Start & Battery Drain

Hi All

Lock out, No Start & Battery Drain, is this all fixed by Part # YWY500170 Modded RF Reciever Module?? thanks

Also is this a DIY jobby? if it is anyone know whats involved? and is there a DIY link some place

Thanks all

Old 07-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lock out, No Start & Battery Drain

Battery drain is possibly the Becm being awakened by other car keyless entry remotes. No start- possibly alarm ECU not recieving the remobilization code, although I have heard at rangerovers.net about cell phone towers or high voltage line towers causing interference with the Becm that causes it or the alarm ECU, (forget which one) to lose its programming, sometimes simply moving it from that spot will cause it to work again, but I have heard one case where the dealer had to reprogram the car. Finally the lock out could be caused by the fact that the battery is drained, I do know that when the Becm recieves voltage after not having it, it will lock the doors in case it is a theft attempt. but obviously if the battery is low or dead the remote won't work. The regular key portion should unlock the drivers door, but not all of them as there is no power. Hopefully this has helped you, let me know.