General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Gear does not seem to operate - at all - PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Gear does not seem to operate - at all - PLEASE HELP

Hi guys

I have a 2004 RR L322 4.4 V8.

The low gear does not seem to be operating - at all.

The switch is on the gear surround (as you know!!), so I popped off the gear surround to check that the connectors underneath were connected ok, and all was fine.

The other switch on the surround (hill descent) works absolutely fine. But when I move the low gear switch it does not light up the light on the dashboard, and does not do anything.

So I checked the manual to see if the low gear setting had a fuse - but it does not!!! (?)

The gear surround is only around a year or so old as I had it replaced shortly after getting the car as the old one was a bit tatty. never had to use low gear until a couple of months back in the snow, but of course it would not work!

I have no idea what to check next. Has anyone here experienced this issue themselves, or have any clue how I should investigate it further or what could be causing this??

There are no warnings or odd messages, so everything seems to be fine with the car.

Please help!!!

Many thanks

Lion Heart

Old 03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if its not in neutral you can't put it in low range, second if it wont go then they may be reason like the system is messed up then its time for diagnosis.