General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Key won't turn...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Key won't turn...

I have never had this problem before with any car. I can put my key in the ignition and take it out, but it will not turn to start. The other thing that I've noticed is that while the car is off ( I can't start it anyway ) when I turn the steering wheel it doesn't lock at all. Not sure these two are related in any way. I called the dealer ( over 1 hr. away ) and they said it probably has a low battery, under 10v. Well it's above 12v and new. I really hate to have it towed to the dealer, pay for towing, pay for looking at it then w/e it is if it's something simple. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Key won't turn...

Granted this is an old post, but had to answer.

read this post same problem

Just thought to add this little tidbit, another Range Rover experience.

Got coooold here the last few days, -3 overnight,

Got into the RR to get coffee downtown, key would not turn to save my life, thought the steering column might have been jammed, tried everything, then put facts together, COLD.

Put an electric heater in the car for 30 minutes, went out to try the key and MAGIC, it turned.

Spoke to the mechanic who works on this and my Audi and he said he has had the same thing happen with his RR, thought it needed a new switch but then realized it was the cold.

Any thoughts?