General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need ID Quick tonight so I can sleep tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need ID Quick tonight so I can sleep tonight

I just changed the oil in my 98 RR 4.0 and found a poblem. There is a hose connection next to the oil filter on the bottom where the oil filter screws into. Looks like a high pressure hose with metal elbow at the fitting. It was loose and I can see oil sprayed all the frame under the engine. I did not open it up instead I tightened it and it loks OK now.
Can anyone tell me what does this hose go to? We are going on a trip tomorrow of about 150 miles and I would sleep better if I knew what it was that was loose and if it was OK just to tighten it?

Thanks to all/

Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need ID Quick tonight so I can sleep tonight

Sounds like a remote oil cooler line. They're prone to leaks on Blazers, so I've seen quite a few unfortunate oil sprays on the bottom of my truck.

Before you go to sleep I'd suggest cleaning the area off, making sure the line is on there good and tight, and then then check your oil level. Then go for a short drive, enough to get the oil up to temp and cycle through some pressure levels, then check the connection again. If any more oil sprayed out, or if the connection came loose again, you might want to do some more investigating!

Going anywhere exciting tomorrow?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Mudding

I'm going to Lake Charles Louisiana.

We are helping my nephew remodel his home. He got a 1700 sq ft house and 2+ acres for 30K. No one wanted the place because the house looked like it was in such bad need of fixing up. The previuos owner tried to give away the house to anyone that would haul it off, but no one wanted it. He called me andI found the house was really in great shape solid cypress, plumb, level and 100 years old. We gutted it and found the real treasure of a well built house. Solid walls, ceilings and floor of t&g 4" cypress on 12X 6 cypress framing under the house. It will cost him about $30K to fix up but he will have a $175K-200K++ value when finished.

I did run the RR to get it warmed up and will check it again in the morning and several times tomorrow. I was worried before.

Thanks for the better nights sleep

Old 02-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Mudding

The Rover did great, no leaks, all is tight, thanks to the help of this board