General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range Rover Audio Question??

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:39 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover Audio Question??

Hello all....

My 05 Range Rover HSE has an issue where the speakers cut out every second or two (no matter if using radio, cd, nav). The local audio shop said the amp in the back of the Rover is bad. It gets very warm. I was told I cannot use an aftermarket amp. I am looking for a used OEM one but there are a few different HK models that supposedly fit the 2005 year.

Anyone replace their amplifier? Any thoughts on this? I am looking at amps on Ebay mostly. THANKS!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

yours has most system attached to it so its only a 05 and 06 will work.

but most got covered in water due to the water leaks so good luck finding one thats still good.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:10 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
yours has most system attached to it so its only a 05 and 06 will work.

but most got covered in water due to the water leaks so good luck finding one thats still good.
Thanks. The one in my car has part # xqk500103. There are really none out there.

There are plenty of xkq5000050 or xkq5000060 that say they fit the 2005 model year. Any idea if those will fit or if there is a way to use an aftermarket amplifier? Perhaps the shop I took it to was not correct!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:33 AM
7th Gear

Still trying to get a new amp! I had one shipped to me but they sent the incorrect amplifier despite saying it was the XQK500103. Anyone been sucessful replacing the OEM amd with an aftermarket amp? the used OEM ones out there are so expensive I would rather not take the chance.

I would also consider replacing the head unit aftermarket (with nav and satellite radio) if there was a way to still use the steering wheel buttons and have access to the settings, etc.

Thanks!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 PM
7th Gear

UPDATE!! Audio system starting working ok for months and recently starting cutting out every few seconds. I brought the car to Best Buy and was going to get an aftermarket NAV/DVD/Bluetooth/Audio system. They were going to run new wires to the speakers and no longer need anything is the cargo area that is prone to moisture. The installer had 15 years experience and offered to look at the factory system. He bypassed the OEM Nokia Bluetooth module in less than an hour and it works perfectly now. I thought if you took the bluetooth out of the fiber optic loop nothing would work. Apparently that is not the case!

***I spent $86 with tax for one hour of labor as opposed to $1,500!***

I wanted to post this in case anyone else has my problem. Try to get an experienced audio guy to bypass the Nokia Bluetooth. I never used it anyway was not about to spend 1k for a new one just to make the radio work when I could have spent a bit more to update all the technology int he car. I hope this helps someone....caused me a lot of headaches.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

Donald, I'm a brand new member, have an 08 RR that has the same radio/nav problem you mentioned in another thread. About twice a week, screen freezes and orange light blinks on and off and sound goes on and off. I have been to the Dallas dealership over and over and the radio was finally replaced under warranty. They did lots of software updates as well. Is the bypass on the bluetooth module you are talking about the way to go on this? Problem continues even with new radio.