General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range Rover Buy (Help Me with Decision!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013 | 12:23 PM
|
Overlanding
Default Range Rover Buy (Help Me with Decision!)

Greetings all -

I am ready to let go of my Discovery and move back to Range Rover, after much looking I narrowed my decision to two local options. I need some feedback on what you guys think.

Option 1 - 2007, 81K, Supercharged with the whole enchilada, this one looks great, beyond great, mint! asking price is $32,500 but we're working on the numbers a little.

Option 2 - 2008, 83K, HSE with video system, asking price is $30K but I am hoping to work the numbers down a little more as well.

What you guys think?

Thanks.

Old 07-25-2013 | 08:53 AM
Overlanding

If you're willing to spend that kind of money I say you find a newer Defender in the UK and have it shipped. Everyone has a Disco or a Range (Nothing wrong with those as I own 1 of each.. lol), but how many people have Defenders! If I had the cash I would do that in a heartbeat. Shipping quote from London to Colorado was $3000 when I was looking into what it might cost.

Old 07-25-2013 | 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

While you squeeze each nickle until the buffalo jumps, budget for your mechanic to do a pre-purchase inspection. He is not in love with the potential new truck.

Old 07-29-2013 | 09:49 AM
|
Overlanding

Greetings all -

I would love to get a Defender, in matter fact this decision would be easy since my wife loves them But for now it has to be a Range Rover for road trips. I am thinking in couple of years a Defender will be part of the family though.

For now both the above vehicles fell through, never heard back for 2008 owner and the 2007 turned out to be a little concerning - The tires were bad, the brakes were bad and the it supposed to be a two-owner car it had four owners, so I decided to abandon the offer.

I did find a 2008 Supercharged WM with 85K on it at a LR dealer, it has one owner and priced at a very competitive number. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

Old 07-29-2013 | 09:05 PM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by gibrangibran
Greetings all -

I would love to get a Defender, in matter fact this decision would be easy since my wife loves them But for now it has to be a Range Rover for road trips. I am thinking in couple of years a Defender will be part of the family though.

For now both the above vehicles fell through, never heard back for 2008 owner and the 2007 turned out to be a little concerning - The tires were bad, the brakes were bad and the it supposed to be a two-owner car it had four owners, so I decided to abandon the offer.

I did find a 2008 Supercharged WM with 85K on it at a LR dealer, it has one owner and priced at a very competitive number. What do you guys think?

Thanks.
Update: I can't catch a break! I decided to pull a carfax on the Rover even though it sold by the LR dealer and their AutoCheck showed the car had no issues, to my surprise it CF showed an accident. I guess on the search continues.