General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RR Classic LT230 Swap Electronics Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 07:24 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RR Classic LT230 Swap Electronics Question

Hey Folks,

I have a '95 County Classic SWB that had dropped a sleeve. As luck would have it, we traded in a '94 Disco during the Cash4Clunkers Program (yes, I sell cars). My Classic has about 200K miles on it, while the Disco had just 107K. The owner is very cool and let me use two empty bays in our Service Dept to swap out the entire drivetrain (as well as an Old Man Emu Lifted Spring and Shock setup, Borla Stainless Exhaust, Safari Guard Rock Sliders, SG Diff Protectors, ARB Winch Bumper, and 32" BFG Mud Terrains...lucky huh?).

Everything mechanically went smooth as silk. Electronically was easy as well. After the swap, she started right up and drove fine. In the Disco, the LT230 shifted smoothly. Once it was all plugged up in the County, it refused to shift out of high gear range. I know it is the shift lock mech, but don't know how to wire it up in the RR. Also, I am getting two very annoying high pitched alerts (I assume they are the neutral safety and ??? alarms). Everything plugged in like it was made to go together. I know the Disco I and '95 RR County Classic are virtually identical mechanically, but what changes do I have to do as far as wiring electronics for the LT230 swap?

I could just keep pulling fuses until the beep goes away, but would rather do it right. If I can't get an easy electronic fix for the Shift Lock Mech, I will just pop it out, but once again, I would rather do it the right way (and even wire up a Diff Lock Light).

**UPDATE**

My bad. Since my RRC never had a stock shift lock, there was never a neutral alarm. I can only imagine that when I swapped out the Disco Parking Brake, I might have jacked up the Parking Brake Alarm Switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-Mike

Last edited by gollum; 11-09-2009 at 07:41 PM.