General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A test for Land Rover Experts

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:19 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A test for Land Rover Experts

I am new on your forum and I have a few questions about my 2006 Range Rover Supercharged. First, can anybody tell me if there is a special part I can buy so I can use the navigation system while I am driving? The keypad goes dead as soon as you hit 5 mph. Second: I would like to tow the Rover behind my RV on four wheels down. Can it be done? I know that you can do it with some cars like Saturn, for example. And finally, I need to get a driver side door handle, just the top plastic part that is scratched. Do you know anybody cheaper than the dealer. They want $240!!! Thanks a lot.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: A test for Land Rover Experts

Claude,

With regard to towing, you do not want to tow a Range Rover on its own wheels at all. Most automatic transmissions do notcirculate lubricantunless the engine is running, and so cars being towed behind motorhomes are either manual transmission or the driveshaft has been disconnected. You would be better off to buy a trailer to put it on that will carry all 4 wheels. Just my 2c.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 09-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A test for Land Rover Experts

Dont mess with the NAV , its designed to prevent accidentsand people that attempt to change it just cause other issues with the electrical system.

Daveis 100 percent correct , dont flat tow it. leave the Rover home and get an old Jeep to drag behind the rolling house ,if you dont want a trailer.

If your dealer wont warr. the door handle, go to a body shop and get an estimate to paint all 4 door handles.