General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2000 Disco 2 stalling while driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 03:24 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys, have a new update!

So I was driving down the road tonight to see if she ran any better after cleaning the iacv and the tps, again. Stalled again, several times. The last time it stalled, something different happened. There was absolutely zero electric power almost as if you had unplugged the battery. I noticed that the postive battery cable was coming lose so I beat it back down firm on the battery. It started but continued to stall.

So when I got home, I put the battery on charge for a while, about 2 hours and then decided to try it again. Started up fine, drove up the road and back (my usual test drive route) stalled ZERO times! Then I decided what the hell and drove to where I know there is a couple VERY steep hills. Did awesome, zero stalling whatsoever...I drove this route back and forth maybe 4 times with zero issues and even stomped it a few times. She has never ran this good before, ever!

So my question is, does this point to a bad battery?? I mean I assume it has something to do with it, maybe that's where I got the low voltage to fuel pump code? But what I dont understand is that if it is simply a bad battery causing all of this, I've never had the stalling issue before on previous vehicles. I dont know how many times I have had a battery die and jumped it off and never had the vehicle stall cause the battery was dead prior to charging. Can someone explain this to me? Is it my alternator instead? Either way I am super happy to know that it is one of the two instead of a shot in the dark now, at least I got me a new crank sensor in the process too haha!