General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Disco 2nd Row Interior Light Won't Turn Off

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 09:30 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Disco 2nd Row Interior Light Won't Turn Off

Hi All,

I recently took the headliner out of my 2003 Discovery in order to access the rear sunroof, which had been leaking like a waterfall. I managed to fix the leak by removing the old seal between the outer piece and the top of the truck and replacing it with a silicone bead. However, when I put the headliner back in and reassembled everything, I found that, after plugging my battery back in, the 2nd row interior light will not turn off.

I find this particularly interesting because, there were several times during the course of this project where I had the doors open and the battery still plugged in, and even with the doors open and thus a reason for the light to be on, it turned off by itself after what seemed to be about ten minutes. Add yet, now, in addition to the light being on when all of the doors are closed, whatever timer/failsafe that was causing it to cut out after so many minutes of continuous use is no longer kicking in, as well.

I come here humbly asking for help in resolving this issue that goes beyond my short-term fix of simply removing the lightbulb from the malfunctioning unit. If any of you have experienced this issue, or have even an inkling of an idea as to how one might go about fixing it, please don't hesitate to sound off below.

Thank you all in advance for your time and guidance.

-Shanahan