General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Disco II A/C ECU button lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Disco II A/C ECU button lights

I've gone through the electrical schematics in RAVE but can't figure this one out. I'm hoping it's something simple that I'm overlooking and that someone here has had a similar issue. None of the buttons on the A/C contol unit will illuminate on my 03 Disco II. The LCD display is OK and lights up fine but the defrost button, air recirculation button, external temp button, etc stay dark. This may not sound like too big of a deal until you need to hit the defroster while driving at night. I had a Tahoe that did something similar; the radio buttons kept going dark one by one...I had to replace the entire radio which sucked big time. Anyway, this is odd because ALL of the buttons are dark, it's been that way since I bought my Rover...maybe they all started going one by one too before I got it? Any fuses I could be missing? Is there a fix other than replacing the entire A/C ECU?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

I believe somebody here posted something about changing the bulbs in the HVAC control panel. If I remember correctly, they pulled the bulbs and had them matched at a NAPA or other auto parts store. I would do a search on this site, and I believe this post I'm thinking about was within the past 6 months.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I think I used all of the wrong key words to search the site. I didn't think to use "HVAC". I found the post you're referring to and that answered my question. I ordered the correct bulbs from Atlantic British and should have my problem resolved soon. Thanks for the help!