General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2005 lr3 cylinder misfire after abrupt stop

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 05:58 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 lr3 cylinder misfire after abrupt stop

New to forum but I've read hundreds of posts so far and I'm excited to get the LR forum input on this one!

1 month ago I started truck and it was fine. 2 miles into drive to work it started shaking and running rough followed by cel and a engine system fault on dash.
Pulled into first auto parts store, code reader said cly3 misfire.
Limped it to my shop (I design,build and maintain electrical systems for Featherlite coaches) I replaced replace the coil and all plugs with no result. I threw a new injector in it with no change.
I had engine running and unplugged each coil pack one at a time and the rough idle stayed no matter what.
Shut truck off, let it sit for 4 hours and it "fixed itself" magically. Fine for 29 days
Two days ago someone pulled out in front of me on the highway and I went 70-20mph real quick and during the acceleration back up to speed I got the shudder and cel and ESF again.
Genetic code reader again said cyl3 misfire.
I dident have time to mess with it so it went to my local import shop (owner has a 2004 disco) he said generic code reader was wrong and it was actually cyl2 had a bad coil and that I needed to put ngk plugs into it. 660$ later it ran good, for approx 6 miles until I had to stop quick again.
Cyl3 misfire on genetic code reader again.
Shop wants to Charge another 110$ to hook back up to their reader but I'm not sure I wanna go back again and I Deff can't afford the dealer chasing this issue.
Please help!