General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 LR3 Sun Roof Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 LR3 Sun Roof Problem

Greetings all!

I have a 2006 LR3 and my sun roof is just plain dead. No motor noise, no led lights on the switch, nothing. It has been this way for years. Luckily it died in the closed position so I really never gave it much thought. I really can't justify spending 10% of the vehicles value at the repair shop so I thought I would try and tackle the problem myself.

yes I checked and replaced the fuse and I am still here scratching my head.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with having to replace the control module P.N. # LR004160 ? My thought was that if it was just the motor failing I might hear some kind of noise or see the LED lights come on when the switch is pressed. I'm not saying my thoughts are correct. I'm just saying...

Does anyone know of a simple method for me to bypass the module and get current directly to the motor to see if the motor is still operational? I'm thinking that if the motor is in fact still working I would replace the module and go from there. And to be perfectly honest tearing out the headliner and replacing the motor is really not something I am looking forward to.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

replied to your other thread.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:26 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cool LR3 Sunroof stuck open!!!

Hi, did you manage to fix the sunroof issue? I have a 2007 and the sunroof is stuck open, i've done the fuses, all good, don the 20 sec reset, didn't work, any other suggestions? I read somewhere that you can run live wires from a 12v to the switch points and it will close but I can't find where I read it to try it lol So, any ideas on how to close t would be great. TY Chris

Old 06-14-2019, 02:22 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danielbrain
Greetings all!

I have a 2006 LR3 and my sun roof is just plain dead. No motor noise, no led lights on the switch, nothing. It has been this way for years. Luckily it died in the closed position so I really never gave it much thought. I really can't justify spending 10% of the vehicles value at the repair shop so I thought I would try and tackle the problem myself.

yes I checked and replaced the fuse and I am still here scratching my head.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with having to replace the control module P.N. # LR004160 ? My thought was that if it was just the motor failing I might hear some kind of noise or see the LED lights come on when the switch is pressed. I'm not saying my thoughts are correct. I'm just saying...

Does anyone know of a simple method for me to bypass the module and get current directly to the motor to see if the motor is still operational? I'm thinking that if the motor is in fact still working I would replace the module and go from there. And to be perfectly honest tearing out the headliner and replacing the motor is really not something I am looking forward to.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Should be able to go striaght to motor and power just the two wires. One 12v other ground.unplug all other wiring first. Reverse wiring for forward and reverse.