General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Range Rover sport hazard lights and system display shut down

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 11:22 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Range Rover sport hazard lights and system display shut down

So intermittently I get a system down shut down fault on the display and then goes blank followed by hazard lights and sometimes a dome light will stay on. Other times the door locks will chime in and then out before this process is about to initiate. Also, at random times I will get a suspension fault, normal height available only and then suspension lowers sometimes I’m able to restart the system and get everything back to normal while driving by either holding down trip reset for the odometer or messing with buttons or controls. I have noticed a wet passenger side floor board and pulled up trim riding underneath doors which the electrical harnessing is routed, this channel has water and did some visual inspecting, and made sure area dry. This issue seems to be more prominent when having the aux port and sound system in use maybe just a coincidence or because someone routed the amplifier remote wire to the windshield wiper fuse and pinched for the power source. Sometimes after shutting off vehicle (during blank display and flashing hazards) a red parking brake light along with dome light will stay on and eventually go away, and vehicle won’t start until these lights go away or when it feels like. A few things I’ve done, brake switch, battery, alternator, bulbs, brake pad wear sensors, pads, cleaned a handful of connectors with electrical cleaner and dielectric greased underneath Column shifter rides, the display and radio areas. Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated