General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Air Suspension and Faults and battery drainage issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 12:18 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension and Faults and battery drainage issues

I am new to this forum as a member and over the last 7 years owning a range rover i've had minimal problems are love my truck, it my second range rover. Its a 2011 supercharged Big Body and recently developed an issue where battery would die on the second or third day if it was not started and driven. battery is 15 months old and a battery test passed. I scheduled an appointment with land rover of cherry hill NJ and the diagnostics indicated that the air shocks were slightly leaking which is normal for a truck with 110,000 miles. They found no battery draw and said that the issue is most likely due to the air suspension trying to raise itself when car is parked overnight an that the 2 front air struts need replacement.The only issue i had with the struts up until that point was minor leaks and the front dropping on a cold morning, after that it would be fine the rest of the day and would not drop again for days or weeks at a time. Since the car has 110K i figured why not order to new struts from Airnott and have my private mechanic who specializes in jaguar and land rovers install them since the dealer replacement costs is almost a third of the trade value in a year or so. Ive dealt with airnott before on my 2007 and they are great, got the shocks installed last Friday and immediately the next day i started to get a suspension fault warning while driving, the whole car would drop to the ground and the compressor can be heard kicking in very loud with the sound of a air valve open somewhere and pumping air out. I would turn off the car and the car would be back to normal immediately and would not act up again for hours and sometimes 2 days. We tested for leakage and car would not even drop on coldest of mornings since the replacement. We ran the diagnostics today and apparently their where faults with rear right height sensor and the codes where cleared out. At the moment airnott is trying to convince that the air compressor might be in its final days and thats why this issue is happening, even though this wasn't happening on the old shocks and my mechanic ran the codes and tested it for clean bill of health. The mechanic is trying to tell me i need a rear height sensor after running the computer diagnostic even though the rear shocks were never touched on this repair it was only the front ones.Also this mechanic has replaced the front control arms and the sway bar links recently due to a knocking noise over bumps and the problem still day is still present but that,s another story for another day but i dont trust his judgement at the moment and would hate to keep replacing parts that dont need changing with no results. To add a little icing on this story the car was also scuffed while parked overnight at the shop and all got in return has denial on the mechanics part and blaming tow trucks dropping cars off after hours. Does anyone have any advice on this suspension problem Please? the battery draw will be checked this week by cherry hill land rover once again since they have been paid already prior. Also if anyone is in the Philadelphia area and knows a private repair shop with vast knowledge of these trucks i would appreciate a referral.