General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Brake Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Lights

Hello new to this forum. First I would like to thank all for reading this post. My wife has a 2003 Free lander with 30,000 miles on it and this truck is becoming a royal pain. On the back of the truck you have 2 lights on the bumper and 2 tail lights and the 3rd brake light( which is mounted by the spare tire ) Now either I lost my mind ( which is possible ) or I am correct. The Tail lights have a double element bulb which I am assuming is also brake lights. When you apply the brake, the tail lights do not act as brake lights only the lights on the bumper light up. Is this correct ? I am assuming no. Why would they put a double element bulb in the tail lights ? Unless someone put them in there by mistake, plus there is a separate bulb for the reverse lights. Of course she does not have the owners manual she said it got lost in the move when we got married.

Will post in proper section but just thought I throw this out. The radio does not function properly. You get a real thingy sound like blown speakers. I tested the speakers and they work fine. Now either the head unit is bad or they say there is a amp. 1 where is the amp ? 2 can i just swap out the head unit ? I took it to several stereo shops and they will only run a new system. Land Rover wants $1,500 in labor to do a problem check on it.

Any help will be great thanks again

Old 04-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the use of the taillight? Let someone reverse it so you can see if the taillight light will act as a reverse light. If yes, someone put it like that (which I dont know why).