General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A/C drain leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 10:59 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C drain leak

Hi,

New owner here. I recently got myself a 2011 Range Rover Autobiography. I really like it.
I did notice that the front passenger side had some water so after looking at the forums I saw that one of the common issues was the roof leak or even water coming in from the cowl in the front. I had those checked and cleaned but still had the water coming in. I then realized that this could be coming from the A/C. I have seen videos of owners cleaning the drain pipe from the inside and even underneath the car but what I would like to know is how to get access to the drain. Most of the videos or instructions already have the panel removed or just showing the drain dripping with water. So my questions are:

1) How do I get access to the drain from the inside? How do I remove the panel? Are these just clips or is there a screw I need to undo first? (see attached pictures)
2) Where exactly is the drain underneath the car? I have seen pictures but these are for older and other models. Is it the same for all models? I have seen one stating is next to the front tire near the transmission. Anyone have better pictures of where the location is?

Thanks in advance for all the help.