General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Chugging and Stalling at start up and Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Chugging and Stalling at start up and Reverse

ok, so last night I started up the rover; when starting up it sort of chugged almost stalled and then finally came on. Thought it might be because we don't drive it much, so I put it into reverse and as we started up a slight incline (a bit less than a 45 degree incline) the chugging started again to the point of almost stalling out. it was raining and a chilly out at that time last night. any thoughts on what it could be? so for in my research it could either be a cracked engine block, dirty fuel system, the O2 sensors, or the distributor cap, which so far seems to be the one i'm leaning more toward as we have been hearing a high pitched squeal as well. we just replaced our coolant tank, thermostat, and are in the process of flushing the coolant system all together(we had air in the system). and we currently have premium fuel in her.

thanks! any help is greatly appreciated as at the moment we are at wits end and may end up getting rid of her...

*fingers crossed that its the distributor cap and rotor*

97 Land Rover Disco

Old 11-02-2013, 11:52 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok my bad i don't have a distributor cap, i have a coil pack